These multi-purpose, eco-friendly organic cotton lightweight towels are a must for the mindful female traveler.
Eco-friendly haircare is a new area of interest for me, and it can be especially tricky when trying to pack light. Every traveler can agree that less is more – as in less stuff in your luggage. So many times I have found myself in a dilemma over what to eliminate from a suitcase, or stuck with too much stuff to travel freely around. It’s pretty much one of my largest complaints when it comes to being a free-spirit on the road.
The older I become, beauty and eco-friendly hair-care especially plays a leading role, requiring a little more TLC than my more youthful years 😉 Needless to say, one of my latest discoveries has been a godsend: the GOTS-certified organic cotton and ethically made ‘tee-shirt’ towels by Lakeshore Dry Goods. This puppy is your new bff and the single most eco-friendly way to keep your hair healthy while traveling.
What makes for an eco-friendly haircare product?
- Made with GOTS-certified organic cotton and ethically made in NYC area.
- Fabric is interlock knit cotton, which is used for high-end t-shirts. It won’t stretch out of shape, has a smooth surface on both sides and is very absorbent. I was pretty amazed at how much water this thing soaked up real quick – WAY better and faster than my regular body towels.
- The towels are beneficial for all hair types – you’ll notice less tangles and breakage/split ends and less frizz. All of these benefits mean you can cut out (go natural) or at least lessen hair products.
- Helps hair dry quickly (another earth-friendly benefit is less energy with no or very little hair dryer use)
- Lightweight and the perfect size so it doesn’t pull on your hair when you wrap it up! I can’t believe I have been using a regular body towel all these years as using Lakeshore’s towel feels like a feather compared to a dumbbell
- I’ve used the towel for a quick cover-up, to dry off after a regular shower, and even to lay on at the beach and for exercising.